Saturday, November 11, 2023

Book cover design - Pt2. "One True Love"





 



I learned a lot and used several of tools for this project.  It was challenging but I really enjoyed the process.  I chose the faces and vase design (figure/ground) and continuation Gestalt principles. I initially tried to have the women drinking from a straw above the cup, but it was too crowed so I went with a second design.  I used the magic wand tool to remove the background, crop tool and the dropper (match colors), paint and burr tool to refinish the images.  I used the ellipse tool to draw the circles and ovals, and the rectangle tool and gradient color overlay to add color to from and back of cover.  I used the rectangle tool to and a texture option to add depth to the spine. On the back cover I created a large oval with the ellipse tool and arched the text to fit on the oval. For the front cover I wanted to show the three main characters from the novel an also showing the bitter cup (difficult choice) Emma had to drink. I crop the image of the woman and placed her between the two male images.  Depending on your perspective the woman looks like she's either in the cup or in the background.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Final project- Dt designs

Click here - Dt designs After this project, I have deeper appreciation for web designers.  I really enjoyed the process once I finally under...